GCSE Physics Question Analysis Topic: Physics - Short Questions
1) One day Chetan's mother developed a severe stomach ache all of a sudden. She was rushed to the doctor who suggested for an immediate endoscopy test and gave an estimate of expenditure for the same. Chetan immediately asked her class teacher and arranged the money and rushed to the hospital. On realizing that Chetan belonged to a below average income group family even the doctor offered concession for the test fee. The test was conducted successfully .
Answer the following questions based on the above information;
(a) Which principle in optics is made use of in endoscopy.?
(b) Briefly explain the values reflected in the action taken by the teacher.
(c) In what way do you appreciate the response of the doctor on the given situation?
2) The emf of a cell is always greater than its terminal voltage Why? Give reason.
3) What is the geometrical shape of equipotential surface due to a single isolated charge?
1) (a) The total internal reflection principle is the foundation of endoscopy. It has optical fibre tubes for transmission and reception of electrical signals, which are converted into suitable signals by a transducer.
(b) Humanity, as well as charity
(c) Monetary help was provided by the doctors to alleviate Chetan's poor financial condition.
2) Due to the potential drop across the cell caused by its small internal resistance, the emf of a cell is higher than its terminal voltage.
3) Concentric spherical shells make up an isolated charge's equipotential surfaces. Due to the electric field (gradient of potential) decreasing with the distance from the charge, the distance between each shell increases with the decrease in the electric field and vice versa.
The following diagram below is for your reference.
End of analysis. Great!