- Fractions can be illustrated by dividing a shape into equal parts, and shading a certain number of these parts.
- The bottom number is the number of equal parts that diagram has been cut into, and the top number is the number of equal parts that has been shaded.
- When writing equivalent fractions, do the same multiplication or division to the top and bottom numbers.
- For example, if you multiply the top by 2, you must also multiply the bottom by 2.
- More detailed examples are given below!!
That's all for the basic fractions.