Carbon Cycle 🔄
- Photosynthesis fixes carbon atoms from carbon dioxide into organic compounds.
- Respiration releases energy from food, releasing carbon as carbon dioxide into the air.
- Decomposition of dead organisms releases carbon dioxide into the air.
- Combustion/Burning of fossil fuels releases carbon dioxide into the air.
Water Cycle 🔄
- Evaporation from the oceans turns water into water vapour.
- Transpiration from plants also rise into the atmosphere as water vapour.
- When the water moves over mountains and high ground as clouds, they cool and condense back into water or snow.
- This precipitate, either water or ice (as in snow, hail…) falls back onto the Earth where it is taken up by animals or plants, or enters rivers and flows to the seat to start the cycle all over again.
That's the end of the topic!
Drafted by Joey (Biology)